Apr 29, 2014

The first few weeks

We were so blessed to have such wonderful family close by to help us with the transition of going from a family of three to a family of four. My mom and Dan came down the week Elizabeth was born, but had to go back towards the end of the week. But then they headed back down on Friday and were able to stay for the entire following week, while my mom was on her spring break. I don't know what I would have done without my mom here. There is nothing like the love your mom can give you right after you have a baby. She did this when we had Will too, but there is no way to thank her enough for all that she did while she was here. She was our chef, cleaning lady, errand runner, grocery getter, she took Will to daycare and picked him up, took Elizabeth and I both to our doctor's appointments, did our laundry (loads and loads and loads and loads of laundry), and so much more. I really don't know how I would have survived without her that week.

Also that weekend, my sweet cousin (but claim her to be my sister) Marissa, her husband Mark, and their precious Tucker came to get their loving in too.


 
We also have had lots of sweet visitors stop by to bring us dinner- work friends, church friends, neighbor friends, and college friends- including but not limited to, three separate friends that were all in their third trimester of pregnancy. Bless their sweet hearts. That was the last thing they needed to be doing- bringing another family dinner when they themselves had toddlers at home, and were exhausted beyond belief. But they did it anyway, and with joyful hearts. There's not much that makes you realize how loved you are until you welcome a new baby into your family.

 
The first week was probably by far the most exhausting week, obviously. That's what adding a newborn baby into the mix will do to you, believe it or not. But each week (so far) has gotten progressively better, and I've now gotten to the point where I can function without a nap (or naps) during the day, although I do still try to sneak some in if the opportunity arises.
 
We are so fortunate to have so many friends and such sweet family that give of their time and love so freely. We couldn't have made it without them lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment