Apr 30, 2014

Easter 2014

We had such a nice, relaxing Easter this year with the most perfect weather imaginable. If we could get weather like this every year for Easter, I would gladly accept how late it was this year!

Miss Elizabeth was just shy of being 4 weeks old on Easter morning, so I made the difficult decision of the two of us not going to church this year. But daddy and big brother went together, and then we reconvened at Nonnie and Pop Pop's house for a delicious lunch after church.

That morning, Hunter got up and cooked us a delicious breakfast. While we were waiting for it to finish, the kids (that is still so weird for me to say!) got into their Easter baskets to see what the Easter bunny  brought them.





Sometimes you have to cave and let them have candy with breakfast...
 


 
The boys headed out to church together in their most dapper attire. Will wore yet another one of his daddy's precious outfits this year. I just love that we have so many of his sweet heirloom things, and I love that Will has a daddy that still lets him wear his button on shorts, jon jons, knee socks and lace! :)

 

Miss Elizabeth got another wear out of her beautiful coming home outfit as well. I thought she looked so sweet in her little bonnet!




 
 
 
Although I hate being so far away from my family, especially on holidays, I am so thankful that we are at least so close to Hunter's family. Holly and her precious family, and Taylor and his bride-to-be also celebrated Easter with us.

 
 






Nonnie found these hysterical bunny glasses somewhere, and the kids thought they were so funny! I have to admit...they were pretty funny in them!

 
After our yummy lunch, we let the kids run loose and hunt eggs, and hunt some more, and gather, and hide and gather and hide and gather and hide again, until they realized that playing in the dirt was just as fun!










These sweet children played and played and played that afternoon, and even got to skip naptime. At one point Will was just standing there kind of zoned out and we said "Will, are you sleepy?" He simply responded with a very flat "yes." Never in his life has that child ever admitted to being tired! And he was all right. He fell asleep before we even made it back home, which was about 10 minutes away.

This little angel got her beauty sleep in too, and could have cared less about all the excitement that was going on around her that day!

What a sweet day that we were able to celebrate with our family, and what a sweet celebration of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment