Friday night, we kicked the weekend off with a delicious supper at Grandaddy's. I failed to take pictures, but the hamburgers were delicious.
Saturday morning, Will and I cooked breakfast for mom. By the looks of it, you would have thought I let Will handle the entire thing. Needless to say, I didn't take pictures of that disaster either. I'm going to blame it on cooking in a kitchen that I don't normally cook in, and cooking with stainless steel pans when I am used to cephalon. It had nothing in the world to do with me having the pans too hot, and leaving the pancakes and bacon on for too long. Who knew you could burn pancakes? That takes some talent. But my sweet mama appreciated the gesture, and we enjoyed the ones that were just a little tan.
After that fiasco, we got in some playtime, and enjoyed the most beautiful weather I could have possibly imagined. Seriously...it was perfect.
I told Hunter from the beginning of the weekend that my primary goal (besides hanging out with the fam, of course) was to lay out by the pool during Will's naptime on Saturday. Not only was my goal met once, but twice! Sunday I was fortunate enough to have another little break during naptime, and I enjoyed it to the fullest. I felt so spoiled!
Again, no photos were taken, but rest assured, I got my dose of vitamin D in for the weekend.
Saturday afternoon, we just hung out with Will on the farm and at the local park. He loves to swing these days, and loves to people watch, so he was in heaven.
He LOVED being able to be outside all weekend. We played, walked, strolled, looked at the horses, played with the dogs, played on the slide, splashed in the pool, and then some. He would literally get upset when it was time to go inside. Anytime he could get near the door, he was saying "open peas, open peas" (open, please), which is possibly the sweetest thing I've ever heard. He also got lots of one-on-one time with his great grandaddy. I feel like these two have had a special relationship from the beginning, and it warms my heart to watch it grow.
Sunday night we enjoyed our last evening there, and had mom's official birthday dinner. We also celebrated my cousin Andy's birthday, and my upcoming birthday that I've been avoiding like the plague. Leave it to family to remind you of how old you are. :)
You can also leave it to my family to work with what you've got, and we were a little short on candles...so my mom got the 5 (she is 55), Andy got the 6 (he will be 26 in June), and I got the 3. I'll let you guess how old I'll be. 23 you say? How did you know? :)
We had a wonderfully relaxing Memorial Day weekend with my family, but I can't go without saying my sentimental spiel about the reason we celebrate. I am beyond grateful for those who have gone before us and paid the ultimate price to defend my everyday freedoms- including worshiping on Sunday mornings with my family by my side, feeling safe enough to allow my little boy swing on a playground and run free on a farm, sunbathing by the pool, going to work everyday, voting in elections, having a voice in this crazy world, the list goes on. We would not be a part of this great nation we are today without those sacrifices.





















No comments:
Post a Comment