Apr 8, 2013

Easter 2013

We spent an extended weekend in Kentucky for Easter this year, and it was so nice to have so much time to spend with my family. Typically we are only up there for a weekend, meaning getting up there late on Friday night, having the day on Saturday, and then heading back on Sunday- essentially having only one full day to hang out.

We really had a very low key visit, which was perfectly fine by me. So often it seems that we've got so much going on that we don't get to fully enjoy our time up there.


Saturday we hung out at Grandaddy's farm. The boys wanted to do some "boy things" and shoot stuff, so I tagged along. It had been a while since I had shot a gun, but I did pretty well, if I must say so myself. The boys were even impressed! Being the gentlemen they are, they let me go first.

And then I shot our "targets" (AKA coke cans and flower pots), hitting them with my first 2 out of 3 shots. This meant: a) we no longer had targets, b) the boys were shocked/impressed by my skills, c) it apparently doesn't take much for the country to come out in me. I grew up playing outside with three older brothers, which meant if I wanted to keep up with them, I had to learn to do what they liked to do. Sometimes that meant riding four wheelers, sometimes playing football, and sometimes shooting things.

After I put my husband/cousin/cousin-in-law to shame, we headed back to the house and they continued to do "boy things," this time without me. They fried a turkey, and Marissa and I dyed Easter eggs with Tucker.







I also had a chance to take some pictures of T-man in his Easter get up, and I thought he looked so handsome! I just can't get over how quickly he has grown up. How in the world is he 3 already??





After our day of playing, we finally sat down as a family and had Easter dinner on Saturday night. Does anyone else color their deviled eggs? I can't even remember how long we've been doing it, but my family does it every year. I can remember a long time ago, my mom saw it in a magazine, and we tried it out, and have been doing it ever since.


Sunday morning, Will woke up to a surprise- his Easter basket was filled with goodies! I had every intention in the world of make his picture in his nice church clothes with his Easter basket, but it just didn't happen. But just as a comparison to last year, here he is one year ago! He was 7 weeks old on his first Easter.




After rummaging through his Easter goodies, we had breakfast with Grandaddy and then headed to church to celebrate the rising of our Savior. Brother Steve referenced a famous sermon called "It's Friday, but Sunday's a comin." I have heard it before his reference, but I had forgotten how incredible it was. If you haven't heard it, I encourage you to watch this. It's powerful stuff.



After church, we headed back to Grandaddy's house to clean out the left overs from our delicious dinner the night before, and pack up and head back. But first we tried to wrangle our toddler up for some pictures.

Can we talk about that strawberry hair? And those flippy curls behind his ears??



I can't take the leg rolls. Seriously. Melt my heart.



For some reason, he loves putting his fingers in my mouth these days. I just think of it as some sort of vaccination against toddler germs. I guess if I get exposed enough, I'll build up immunity, right? Ha!


And one more comparison, just for fun. This was us a year ago:

And this year:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful beautiful family!!! I adore his strawberry hair and flippy curls!

    ReplyDelete