Feb 6, 2013

This time last year

A year ago, we were within days of meeting our precious little boy. Looking back on the blog, I was between 37 and 38 weeks, stressing about super important things like baby bedding and cleaning out the pantry, and looked like I had eaten everything in the pantry quite large.

I can remember thinking last fall, "When Christmas gets here, we'll be really close to meeting Baby Will." And then Christmas came and left. And then I remember when I first started seeing Valentine's decor going up at stores, and the anxiety really started setting in. Valentine's Day was 9 days before our due date, and to me, seeing constant reminders of that silly little holiday made my heart skip in a beat in a totally different way than before.

We were trying to cherish every moment together, those last days before our world expanded beyond just the two of us and our relationship together.

This year, I was thinking, "After Christmas, I'm going to have to get on the ball with planning his birthday party." And as soon as I saw the first hint of Valentine's Day decor being set up, the anxiety started setting in, because I realized that before Valentine's Day actually gets here this year, I will have a one year old. A one year old boy.

We've had an incredible year with our precious baby. It has passed way too quickly, but we've loved every minute of it. There was no way to prepare our hearts for what God had in store for us, but as always, all of our hopes and expectations were far exceeded with this precious gift. We can't wait to celebrate his first year this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. New follower.Such a cute post! I have a 5 month old little boy and its amazing how someone so small can change our lives so much. Its also crazy how fast time flies these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy early birthday Will...you have one special mamma and she is planning the best party from what I have seen. Enjoy your day and give your mom a hug from Atlanta! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete