Jan 21, 2013

Christmas 2012- Part 1

So, this is nearly a month late, but still the most memorable Christmas we've ever had. I can remember thinking this time last year how different this year would be with a little one, and it was everything we hoped and so much more.

This was our year to be with our family in Kentucky on Thanksgiving, which meant we were to be in Birmingham on Christmas. So we headed north to Kentucky the week of Christmas.

Somehow I managed to get zero pictures of us, but our sweet sister-in-law Avigail joined us on our travels. She had just been in the New England area, from which Charlie was leaving for his deployment. Bless her heart, within two months of getting married, her husband is deployed. I can't imagine how much her heart aches for him to be back already. So we were more than happy to have her with us, and hopefully provide some distraction of her being sad without Charlie.

Buddy, Carol, and his children were also home for Christmas this year, and it made my heart so happy to see them and to be able to spend several days with them. It never seems like enough time, but I am thankful for the time I had with them.


These boys are growing up WAY too quickly, and I feel like our time is running short to have many more Christmases with them agreeing to all wear matching PJ's. So we took advantage of their cute age, and got them matching Christmas pajamas this year. I think what was more entertaining than seeing these cutie patooties was the action that was going on behind the camera to get these giggles and grins.





We also had to get a picture of these cute boys:

There was also plenty of time for some sweet lovin' from ReeRee.


While we were there, we also set aside one night for some game time. I feel like it has been forever since we've had a "game night." It was so much fun, and HILARIOUS. We ended up only playing one game the entire time, called "Things." Oh my word. My giggle box got turned over many, many times that night.


We also were blessed with lots and lots of sweet gifts for Mr. Will. He is loved, that is for sure!



The "big" little boys got matching backpacks, and they were so cute with them!



Grandaddy with 5 (of 8!) of his great-grandchildren

Although we weren't able to spend Christmas morning with my family, I was so thankful that we were able to spend half of a week up there with them!

We also had another joyous occasion while we were in Kentucky the week before Christmas...my mom got married! More on that to come!

1 comment:

  1. This was the BEST Christmas I have ever experienced on my life! I have married into the best family in the world! Thank you Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete