Aug 12, 2012

Child of God

Last weekend, our family had an eventful weekend with the sacrament of infant baptism of both Will and sweet Lily. We originally planned for this about a month ago, but a mean ol' stomach bug wreaked havoc on nearly the entire family, so it was necessary for us to reschedule so that everyone could participate.


Hunter's dad is an elder in our church, and we were so fortunate to have him participate in the baptism by offering the prayer. It was honestly the sweetest prayer I've ever heard in my life. It took everything in me to be able to pull myself together while standing in front of the church. It was a very emotional moment for us- seeing all of our family sitting in the front of the church, looking at the congregation standing to say that they fully support the Christian walk of Will and Lily, and realizing that that God has bestowed upon us one of the most precious gifts we could ever imagine- a precious baby to call our own.




And as a side note, not only were we able to baptize Will in the church that we got married in, but it was also by the pastor that married us. That was pretty special to me.

After the service, Hunter's parents graciously hosted the lunch at their beautiful home. We loved celebrating with nearly all of our family, and as always, everything was beautiful.







My sweet friend Vasu made these beautiful cross cookies, and they were just as delicious as they were pretty!


I was fortunate enough to even have some of my family down from Kentucky, and sweet Sarah-Grace all the way down from Washington state!


Mark and Marissa were also able to be there, and brought down our Godson, Tucker.
We are blessed enough to have them as the Godparents to our son as well.

The gown that Will wore was a family heirloom that was first worn by Hunter's dad, and is 65 years old. It is such a beautiful gown, and I loved the history behind it!








I love the interaction between Will and Lily. Last weekend it was like they finally woke up and realized that they have a friend to play with.





I thought Lily looked so sweet in her precious gown.

We had a great weekend with our family, celebrating such a special event, and these are memories that I will cherish forever.

"And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you." -Genesis 17:7

2 comments:

  1. Great Pics! I can't wait to have Hudson dedicated in the fall. I know it will be hard to keep it together standing up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful sacrament and day, Sarah! The pics were gorgeous. Just a picture perfect family all the way around. Will and LIlly were angelic and so precious in their gowns. I LOVE that you have so many heirlooms to pass down to your sweet baby boy...so special. The cake and the cookies just added to the preciousness overload that was going on last weekend. Seriously. So sweet in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete