Wow...this blog has really been boring and neglected lately! I've barely had time to sleep this week (more on that later), much less update the rest of the world with the super exciting happenings in my life. Ha! Who are we kidding? I practically lead the most boring life ever! But I happen to love our boring life. It makes me happy. But onto the projects...
A couple of weeks ago I got busy making some new (and updating some old!) sewing projects. One of my favorite things that I've made for myself (and sadly, one of the ONLY things I've actually made for myself) is my camera strap cover. It helps to make the neck strap of my camera a little more comfy, it has a small pocket to hold my lens cap, and let's just be honest...it just makes it look cute, which is in and of itself a reason to have one!
However, I am kind of getting tired of mine, so I think I may give my own camera an update sometime soon with a new pattern.
So I got on a roll a few weeks ago, and made a few more for my not-professional-but-really-likes-to-take-pictures friends (like myself).
Up next on the project to-do list, is this cute lens bag. While I do love my gigantic camera bag, sometimes it would be nice to not have to carry that thing around AND a big purse. So I thought this was the perfect way to consolidate bags, keep my extra lens safe, AND coordinate with my neck strap...duh. Because coordination and cute fabric is a priority in my life, isn't it in yours? So we'll see how it goes. It's been a L-O-N-G time since I've inserted a zipper (probably 15 years...not kidding), so we'll see how this turns out. I will likely end up having to call my expert (ahem...Mom) with 38 questions on how to properly insert a zipper and not totally destroy my machine. Wish me luck.
And finally, I completed my first piece of crib bedding as well. Don't get any ideas, it's not what you think! Mrs. Shepherd got her mother (Grandmom, as we affectionately call her) a crib for her house so that Caroline has a bed to take naps in when she stays with her. So I made her a bumper pad for her crib to give to her on her birthday last week. (Disclaimer: Yes, I realize that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that infants not have anything extra in their crib, but our sweet Caroline is now 18 months old and no longer an infant.)
I have a ton of this really pretty diamond weave pique that Mrs. Shepherd so graciously gave me, and I decided to go with all white, just in case at some point there is a boy born into the family. The bumper really didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would, and it definitely has some imperfections on it. But that was my first "big" project to ever create, and I was quite proud of myself for even making it remotely appear to be a crib bumper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










I am definitely going to need one of those strap covers! LOVE it! You are so crafty...I want to be like you when I grow up! Just love ya ; )
ReplyDeleteVery cute - very "vera bradley" ish! I love the comment "Because coordination and cute fabric is a priority in my life, isn't it in yours?" Um, YES! Color coordination definitely turns me on.
ReplyDeleteJealous of this whole post! :-) I am going to try to make the strap cover soon but if you end of doing the lens cover... I will pay you for that one! :-) It would have been great for our trip to DC last week. And there is no way I am trying a zipper yet!
ReplyDelete