Our extended weekend in Kentucky for Thanksgiving and Marissa's wedding was as close to perfect as I think we could have asked for. Lots of quality family time, plenty of delicious food, and a million more sweet memories with our loved ones. We kicked the weekend off with a large-and-in-charge Thanksgiving dinner (although Hunter and I did go for a short run- in the rain, might I add- that morning, so we felt a little less guilty about enjoying all the yumminess).
Once we ate, a few people got a little shut eye...
And then we put the rest of the family to work on finishing up the programs for the wedding.
We don't discriminate here.
All ages were expected to contribute.
We threaded ribbon, and tied bows.
Threaded more ribbon, tied more bows. 350 to be exact. Oh the labors of love that go into a wedding. I'm pretty sure I was guilty of passing out programs to my bridesmaids to work on in their "spare time" the week of our wedding, so I felt like we need to do our part to help Marissa as well.
When I checked the weather that morning, there was a weather bulletin that stated something along the lines of "Western Kentucky will likely see all forms of weather today, including rain, winds, sleet, and snow." They weren't kidding. We had our little rain run that morning (it was approximately 65-70 degrees at this point), that afternoon the rain turned into a torrential downpour, and by 10:00 that evening, it was legitimately sleeting and snowing. You never know what kind of weather you are going to get up there. This is what we woke up to Friday morning:
So even though it was (clearly) freezing on Friday, the weather had finally cleared up and we had a beautiful day for the Bridesmaids' Luncheon and Rehearsal Dinner.
The Bridesmaids' Luncheon was hosted at a place called Ms. Ann's in downtown Hopkinsville, Kentucky, and they did a fabulous job. It was beautiful, and the food was excellent!
The Bridesmaids with the bride-to-be and our sweet little flower girl.
The bride-to-be and the mothers!
















i should have thrown on a sweater or something! Geez how crazy it was freezing and I've got nothing on my arms!! SIlly. Great pics of the luncheon :)
ReplyDelete