Dec 14, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Will's first Thanksgiving has come and gone...like three weeks ago. But who's counting, right? 

Someone in my family even mentioned to me during Thanksgiving that he noticed that since Will made his appearance in the world, my blog seems to be getting updated less and less. Fact.

I try to stay on top of things. I really do. I enjoy blogging, mainly because I like keeping a record of our family for myself. But the past...oh...10 months of my life a few things have taken precedence...like motherhood for instance, being a wife, being an employee, sleeping, washing bottles, etc. All things that I am so very thankful for in this season of Thanksgiving, but also things that tend to keep me from blogging as much as I would like. There are some women out there who can keep an immaculate house, work full time, raise multiple children, be an awesome wife, all while blogging daily about their latest and greatest kitchen and craft creations. Some of these women are my dear friends, and I think they seriously have superpowers. Like, legitimate superpowers. I, however, am still working on mastering being a wife and mommy who also works.

But onto the point of this post, while I still have time and my eyelids are open...

We try to alternate years that we are in Birmingham and Kentucky for Thanksgiving/Christmas, and this year it was our turn to be in Kentucky for Thanksgiving.

We have so many things to be thankful for this year, one of which is a baby that is an easy traveler. We somehow managed to miss traffic both out of Birmingham, and going through Nashville on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving as we headed north. That meant with even stopping to feed Will, we made it in four and a half hours! Pretty impressive, if I must say so myself!

Thanksgiving dinner is held at my sweet Grandaddy's house, and this just happened to be a year that a good portion of our extended family was able to be there as well. It was so good to see everyone, and to be able to introduce Will to his many cousins that he hadn't had the opportunity to meet just yet. In the hustle and bustle of the day, I somehow managed to not get a group picture of everyone that was there, but I did get a few.

Will with his cousin Mike, who was quite the baby entertainer. But how could you go wrong with Sophie and Tigger?

We also had a feeding assistant, sweet Maria who volunteered to be Will's server for the day.


At 92 years young, my Grandaddy is still the one in charge of slicing the turkey, and still doing an awesome job!

One quick picture of Grandaddy and his girls, and (some of) their children.

Once we filled our bellies to the brim with some of the best food imaginable and enjoyed time with our family, things quieted down around Grandaddy's house, and Will got some sweet lovin from his Ree Ree.


And then he learned to fly (drive?) an airplane!

Maybe this is a glimpse into his future? We would be more than happy to have another pilot in the family!

He also showed off his crazy flexibility. The kid loves to sit in a split.

The day after Thanksgiving, we put up Grandaddy's Christmas tree for him, and I had two of the cutest little helpers you've ever seen.


Thinking back on this time last year, I knew we had an incredible year in store for us. I knew that God was blessing us with a child that would forever change our lives. But I had not idea, no clue, as to how much we would love this baby, and how much this baby would teach us about life- about unconditional, never-ending, indescribable love. We never fully grasped how much our parents loved us, and how much our heavenly Father loved us, until we held that precious baby boy in our arms for the very first time.

We have so much to be thankful for this year, so, so much. We are thankful for our perfect, healthy, funny, smart, adorable, cuddly, chubby little boy. We are thankful we have so much support and so many people that love him nearly as much as we do. We are thankful for our families, especially for our parents and their love for us. We are thankful for our jobs, the roof over our heads, the bed we sleep in at night, the cars that we have to get us to our jobs. But most of all, we are thankful for our Lord and Savior, for without him, we would be nothing and we would have nothing. We are so richly blessed.


Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with joyful songs
 Know that the Lord is God.
    It is he who made us, and we are his;
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.
-Psalm 100

No comments:

Post a Comment