Well...nearly 7 months have passed, and I'm just now getting around to it. So, without further ado, here is his nursery!
From the door looking in:
I was really excited about the wall monogram. That was a later addition. I looked a million different places for a wall decal monogram, but was too nervous to buy something online. One afternoon I walked into a local store to get a gift, and I saw this hanging (well, not this exact one, but an example of one), and it was exactly what I had been looking for.
I love his baby book. It goes perfectly with his room, and it's just
beautiful. It was a (very special) gift from Hunter's mother.
Two baby cups- one was Hunter's, and one was a gift from some sweet family members at his baptism.From the opposite corner looking towards the door:
I wasn't positive that I was going to actually use the changing table, but I can't imagine what I would do without it now. He's starting to get a little long on it, but it is SO nice to not have to bend over or sit on the floor to change him.
And from the corner of the bed:
The crib and changing table belonged to my niece and nephews (Israel, Sarah-Grace, and Jonathan), but it was actually cherry. Hunter was sweet enough to paint it for me, and I love the way it turned out. We painted the walls (and the crib and changing table) a Benjamin Moore color called "Elmira White."
The sign above his crib was a gift from my dear friend Jessica. It was the perfect addition to his room! The colors were an exact match, and I loved the cross detail.
I absolutely love, love, love the way the nursery turned out. It's pretty formal (especially for a boy), but I love everything about it. In Hunter's words, "It looks like it's for a princess, but with boy colors." Ha!
Like a lot of people, I got my original inspiration from something I saw on Pinterest, and went from there. I also found lots of beautiful nurseries in the Restoration Hardware Baby catalog. I've always been obsessed with light blue, and when I saw this fabric, I knew it was exactly what I wanted. It is a silk stripe in light blue (with kind of a gray cast) and deep ivory.
However, I am NOT good at decorating. I have a hard enough time committing to something that I like, much less pulling it all together. But thankfully, Will's Nonnie has made a living decorating homes, and she pulled everything together beautifully. There is NO way I could have done it without her.
I also have something else that I want to put somewhere, but I can't decided where it should go. It is a birth announcement that Brantley Bowden did for us when she designed our birth announcements to be mailed. I love the wording of it, and it just so happens that it matches the room perfectly as well.









Its beautiful, Sarah! So elegant and timeless. I love it all. The monogram and the birth announcement are precious, personal pieces.
ReplyDelete