Nov 22, 2010

Update Jibberish

Happy Monday everyone! I've been slacking on the blog train lately, so I thought I would get one more entry in before we head out of town to celebrate the many blessings in our lives that we are oh-so thankful for! As a warning, this may or may not make a whole lot of sense, and my transitions from topic to topic will be choppy. I am aware of this. I will blame it on it being a "holiday week."
  • I accidentally started decorating for Christmas this weekend. By "accidentally," I mean that what started out with "I'm just going to pull this stuff out of the attic," turned into, "I'll just go ahead and take it down stairs," turned into "I'll just get out the Christmas frames, stockings, and other little Christmas pretties," turned into "I might as well just put the tree up so I can move all these boxes back upstairs and out of the way." At this point, I had been up in my sewing room for approximately 5 hours on Friday, 10.5 hours on Saturday, and 5 hours on Sunday trying to finish up some stuff before heading out of town for Thanksgiving. I think it's safe to say I was not thinking clearly and was looking for excuses to not go back up there. And we may or may not have broken our home owner's association rule (and the majority of America's rule) of "No Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving." Oopsie. Oh well. Now all we have left to do is purchase our real tree (which has to wait until after Thanksgiving, for obvious reasons), and start working our way down our shopping list.
  • I chopped my hair last week. Crazy, huh? She said she only cut 4 inches, but I swear it was more like 6. It isn't super short (anyone remember the short hair from college??), but it is to my shoulders which is a big change for me. It was just so unhealthy and I couldn't take it anymore. So after providing my husband with mucho assurance that I wouldn't get it cut too short, he finally gave me his blessing and I didn't waste any time. I don't have any pictures yet, but I will after this weekend, I'm sure.
  • I'm only working two days this week. Definitely made getting up much easier this morning! Super excited about this. What I'm not excited about is that Hunter and I have decided that "two-a-days" are a must this week (but only Monday and Tuesday) because of the large-and-in-charge Thanksgiving meal that I'm sure my mom will be starting on probably as early as tomorrow. Good thing my bridesmaid's dress has lots of breathing room in it! (Thanks to our past 15 weeks of bootcamp insanity. Makes it totally worth all the sweat and soreness. And lack of sleep. Ok so maybe not that. But the rest of it was worth the sacrifice.)
  • Another thing I'm excited about- Marissa's wedding is finally here! Woo hoo! And I just adore the dresses she picked out. They are so classy and elegant, and hopefully we will have a gala or some other fun formal event in our future so that I can wear it again! 

  • I am also looking forward to this on Friday. Although I will technically be at the bridesmaids' luncheon at kickoff, thank Goodness for DVR! I'm hoping for a good match-up, and of course praying for a win. I will be the first to admit that our competition is fierce this year, although that pains me greatly to even acknowledge that fact.

  • Of course what we are most excited about, and most thankful for...my brother will be landing in Nashville as of this morning! YAY!! He has been in Afghanistan since April of this year, and we are so, so, so blessed that he got his "R&R" approved for the week of Thanksgiving and the following week. He will be going back at the end of this two weeks, but will be returning for good sometime in the spring. Sarah-Grace and Israel got to check out of school early today, and I know they are just about to burst with excitement.
  • In other news, thanks so much to my friend Jennifer for the shout-out in her blog last week for my little side sewing business. I loved doing your gifts!
  • Wednesday of this week (November 24) will be exactly three years from our first date. Hunter took me to the Auburn/Alabama game, and I was definitely still a little unsure of him at this point. I still remember the conversation I had with the women in my family, while we were setting the table for Thanksgiving dinner, about the "date" I had to the Auburn game that weekend. They had lots of questions, I had very little information to give them. I knew he was from Birmingham, he graduated from Alabama, and he was in "some kind of sales." That about summed up what I knew about him at this point. Oh...and the most important part- he was cute, and he was giving me a free ticket to the biggest game of the year. Priorities, people. Well, here we are, three years later, and we've now been married for a year and three months. Where in the world has the time gone??

So, I think that's a wrap for my Monday blogginess. Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours! We wish each of you safe travels, yummy food, and of course lots of happy memories with your families and the ones you love!

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."
-Psalms 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment