Jun 29, 2010

Warm Potato Salad

Hunter is all about us trying new recipes to keep our evening meals interesting, and last night was no different. I took a shot in the dark at my first potato salad, that is an original recipe of my sister-in-law Carol. I sent her a text yesterday asking her for the recipe, and her response was:

"It's kind of a wing-it recipe, I season it, add garlic salt and cajun seasoning, add eggs then mayo and mix it up."

So, that was about all the direction we had, but somehow we made it work, and it turned out great! I didn't take pictures throughout the process, because I wasn't positive that it would be blog-worthy, or even edible for that matter! The hardest part was not allowing ourselves to eat until we had a tummy ache. We'll call it:

Carol's Warm Potato Salad
6 new potatoes (the kind with the red skin)
3/4 C mayo- I prefer using fat free or light
Cajun seasoning, to taste (maybe ~1 tablespoon?)- we use Tony Chachere's creole seasoning
Garlic Salt, to taste (maybe ~2 tsp)
1 egg, boiled, peeled, and chopped
Salt and pepper

Wash and dice potatoes. I peeled about 1/2 the skin, but apparently Hunter would have preferred if I didn't peel them at all and just cooked them in their entire skins. Boil potatoes until they are soft (place in pan, fill with water, bring to a boil, and cook for 12-15 minutes), drain. Season with salt and pepper.

While potatoes are cooking, mix mayo, garlic salt, and cajun seasoning. (I added enough of the cajun seasoning to give it flavor and kind of a mild kick, but it wasn't spicey at all.)

Mix together potatoes, mayo mixture. Add boiled egg. We also added about 1-2 tablespoons of chopped bacon pieces. You can serve this warm or cold, I've had it both ways. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! Our poor husbands will never have the 'real stuff' again :)

    ReplyDelete